Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting to Know Me!

Hello! My name is Leah Sobecki. I moved from Michigan to Maryland four years ago to start my teaching career on the East Coast. I currently teach a great bunch of fifth grade students at a Title I elementary school in a suburb of Maryland, just outside of Washington, D.C. This is my fourth year teaching language arts and social studies. I LOVE TO READ!

Throughout the past couple of years I have faced some challenges, but each day I am learning something new while working with my kids. I am still trying very hard to develop my craft, but I am growing as an educator each day. I enjoy teaching reading because I feel the texts I chose always have the potential to open the door for many interesting conversations in my classroom.

I am looking forward to this course because I feel that I will be able to take away ideas and add a new element of creativity to my practice. I look forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas with you!



In my classroom, getting ready for Back to School Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment